Monday, July 18, 2011

Evenflo 1556C Evenflo Home Décor Wood Gate, Natural Oak

Hey Evenflo Home Décor Wood Gate, Natural Oak Great gate, but installation was "screwed up"By D. JamesonWe just bought this gate in preparation for the arrival of our first child. We originally looked at the Eddie Bauer line of baby gates, however the bannister of the stairs where we plan on using the gate is dark cherry and we've had a hard time finding a gate to match. Finally, we stumbled upon the Evenflo Home Decor gate in dark auburn and decided to try it out even though we only saw it in pictures online. Of course, the installation process was a bit frustrating. The instructions are not extremely detailed at times and they are hard to follow because steps blend together due to the use of columns to separate instructions in English, French, and Spanish. The biggest problem, though, was that the heads of six of the eight #6x1/2" pan head wood screws broke off as I was tightening them BY HAND. I'd like to think I'm Superman...but really, six of the eight screws?!? I ended up removing the remaining two, drilling new pilot holes to attach the spacer brackets, and I used my own screws that I knew would not break. I highly recommend avoiding the included #6x1/2" screws to avoid the possible frustration.I was pleasantly surprised at how well the gate matched our existing stair ... »» Read more...

Price: $99.99 » Check Discount.



No comments:

Post a Comment