Monday, July 18, 2011

BabyBjörn 026165US BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Active - Black/Silver

1 BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Active - Black/Silver A marginal improvement, but not worth buying if you already own the originalBy Brad ParkerI was attracted to this carrier by all the rave reviews on Amazon. I like to hike, and live in a city where strollers are an inconvenience, so I thought I'd give this a try. I already have the original model, but this sounded so much better according to other reviewers. After using it for three weeks, my opinion is that this carrier is a slight improvement over the original when it comes to back support, but it's not a real carrier for truly active pursuits, and not worth the extra 90 bucks (or more) to buy it if you already have the original. Problem 1Although the lumbar support is a good idea in theory, I find that in order to get it to work, I have to tighten the attached straps to such an extent that my internal organs get squashed. I'm 5'9", 160 lbs, and I don't have a huge gut, but the lumbar just isn't tight enough against my back to provide support unless everything else in front is compressed to an uncomfortable degree, making it hard even to breathe sometimes.Problem 2 An additional problem that I have found is that my child tends to sit considerably lower ... »» Read more...

Price: $129.95 » Check Discount.



No comments:

Post a Comment